Defending champion Mumbai Indians take on returning Chennai super kings in the opening match of the tournament
MI hold 3 IPL trophies most in the tournament. Which is followed by CSK and KKR with 2.
First time in the IPL each team will wear 2 different dress for home and away matches.
DRS will be introduced for the first time in Indian premier league
The biggest festival of cricketing world will start today for 51 days. This year IPL is even bigger and greater than previous last 10 IPL tournaments.
5 major point which shows this year IPL is very big and Crucial
- Vivo IPL 2018 start with a big deal when Start Sports snatch the broadcasting rights from Sony for 2.6 billion.
- only one year left in 2019 world cup and IPL will give every nation opportunity to find match winners and talented player for their world cup squad. Most of the players from all world cup playing nations expect Pakistan will feature in IPL.
- Two match winners of India team Yuvraj Singh and Gautam Gambhir will fulfill their dream to end their career from their home side.
- All teams are equally balanced and strong for the first time in the IPL history
- CSK and RR make comeback after availing 2-year ban from the IPL.
The star-studded IPL 2018 will provide a lot of fun to the cricket lovers all around the world. The carnival of IPL will roll every day from today till 27 may. All 8 titans will clash to achieve their ultimate goal IPL trophy.
All teams have left no stone unturned in their preparation. They played practice matches to finishing their skill. Coaches work hard with the captain to prepare a composition of their team. Players are also keen to perform on the biggest stage of the cricket.
The 1st and the last match of IPL will be played on the same venue at Wankhede stadium in Mumbai.
CSK and MI are the biggest competitors. Fans turned on in the big numbers when these two teams clashes. The fan following of both the teams is fabulous. The crowd comes in full numbers to support their team. However, Mumbai Indians have an edge over CSK. Mumbai have won 12 matches in their 22 meetings.
CSK look to start with a win under the captaincy of MS Dhoni. Captain cool is ready to lead the side after 2 years. He last captains any side in 2016. Meanwhile, Rohit has been outstanding as captain in T20. He won 3 IPL titles for MI and recently his captaincy skills helped India to win NIDHAS trophy. The match between CSK and MI will set the tone for the tournament.
Probable XI of CSK
Shane Watson, Sam Billings, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni ( C & WK), Ambati Rayudu, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Shardul Thakur, Mark Wood, Karn Sharma
Probable XI of MI
Evin Lewis, Rohit Sharma(C), Ishan Kishan(WK), Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Pradeep Sangwan, Mitchell McClenaghan, Rahul Chahar, Mustafizur Rahman, Jasprit Bumrah
NOTE: The IPL opening ceremony will start at 6:30 PM, While the match will kick off at 8:00 PM.