Cricinshort presents a special story on Cricket Anchor. New career pathway for the young generation who follow cricket from childhood.
Today in the age of digital technology. Many unknown fields for creating career has opened up. Cricket Anchoring is one of those widely spreading fields which is attracting the younger generation.
But most of the young lads didn’t know the specific pathway to pursue in this glamorous field. Today, in the world of cricket anchoring some of the most famous cricket anchors are inspiring many young kids to transfer their passion for cricket into the career as a cricket presenter.
Many of us have grown up watching some of the most famous cricket anchors in the current era like Jatin Sapru, Harsha Bhogle, Gaurav Kapoor, Arjun Pandit, Mayanti Langer, Rochelle Rao, Karishma Kotak, Archana Vijaya, Shibani Dandekar and Samir Kochhar, etc. during IPL and International matches. However, gone are the days when auditions used to took place, nowadays, you have to develop your own portfolios.
Start gaining the in-depth knowledge about the gentleman’s game, update your cricket knowledge. Read as many newspapers as you can on the daily basis, watch sports channels to get the real idea about the components required to fulfill the aspiration for becoming a cricket Anchor, make proper videos.
If possible get a degree in Mass Communication or in Media studies but it not necessary.
Here we discuss the key points which help you in becoming cricket Anchor:
Content is a key
People will only watch you if your content is good.
- If you are really passionate about the game, try to write some article on some online platforms.
- Have an internship, some of the websites that might offer internships are cricinshort.com, cricbuzz.com, espncricinfo.com.
Note: Writing will help you develop an idea about the current affairs and deep knowledge of the game. Once you have done your internship for around 2 months then you can start making youtube videos.
How to create and publish videos on youtube?
- Create your Youtube channel and try to create at least one video every week.
- Create a script, practice a lot. Use voice modulation, do proper rehearsals to give your best shot.
- Wear clothes in which you are comfortable.
- It doesn’t necessarily have to be a studio. You can also shoot outdoors such as parks, your terrace, etc. But not in an overcrowded place to avoid noise & disturbance during the shoot.
- Use your own smartphone for creating videos. If your budget allows then you can buy DSLR camera and a mic for the better result.
- The next step of post-production where you required to learn the basic of video editing software to edit the unwanted parts, removing noise and adding titles in the video.
- After completing your final product, Upload it on youtube.
- You can also publicise your video using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
The Risk Factor
- Initially, you might not get much viewers and response from the channel. But keep on making proper videos on cricket as there will be a chance where you can be called by a mainstream sports media for a trainee (not guaranteed) after which you can earn a place as an Anchor.
- Don’t stop writing articles as it will help you not to search for words while speaking.
Note: The writer in itself is not a cricket Anchor but is following the above tips.
- Megha Sinha:
Megha Sinha has done PG Diploma in Journalism from IIMC, Delhi, and completed her Masters in Journalism from Guru Jambheshwar University. Back in the college days, she had started making videos on youtube.
Apart from that, she has written articles for IPL club such as Rajasthan Royals and she has also worked for sports wiki before getting a job as an anchor in DD Sports as cricket Anchor.
Here is the link of her youtube channel: Megha Sinha
2. Sahil Khatter :
YouTube sensation Sahil Khattar is a name to reckon with in the digital space. His videos such as Being Indian on youtube was hit that helped him become an Anchor in reality shows. However, his content was good that’s why people followed the channel.
Khatter was seen as Cricket Presenter on SonyLiv during India’s recently concluded limited overs T20I series in England.